To spend your life living in fear, never exploring your dreams, is cruel.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 4/4: Around The Hume



I've learned much about my tolerance for cold on this trip. With my current full warm gear (non-electric) set-up, and riding at 100 km/h, anything over ten degrees is pleasant. Between five and ten is no problem at all for long distance riding. Between two and five is okay, but not hugely comfortable, with tingling hands and feet that necessitates hugging the engine every so often. Two or below and I'm staying in bed.

And perhaps tackling sixty kilometers of dirt solo, in the middle of nowhere, may be a bit too adventurous for a dirt novice. But as always, the experience has been great. I set off back to Melbourne from Yass (appropriately enough) straight down the Hume, stopping off to see a dog on a tinderbox (don't ask me) and the submarine display at Holbrook, one of only three towns not currently bypassed. And that will be the last overnight journey for my rear tyre; I gave it a good send-off.

Riding Distance: 610 kms
Total Distance: 345 + 285 + 290 + 610 = 1530 kms

No comments:

Post a Comment